CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New Home!

Wanna see some pictures??  Alright then!  Hang tight to your panties, 'cause here we GO!...

:) 

This is our "new" car... Bless it's little heart... It is a '92 BMW.  Great shape.  Just a tad sad on the eyes.  It drives really well - it was exactly what we had needed and had been praying for.  Now we are just saving up to buy a new car.  We're praying that this one holds on til then.  


I told Jason we need a name for this loverly transportation unit.  "Big Red" is too common.  The "big rolling turd" was already taken...  If you have any suggestions, please submit them below.  :) 



We had to borrow some kitchen supplies until our things arrive.  We're hoping that our stuff gets here some time in August.  This is the box of all our found treasures from the "loan closet". 



And the lovely, albeit sad, loan closet.  lol - Jason did a really good job at finding a lid to go with a pan!  It was mighty hard I tell ya!!


He's just so handsome! :) 


Us in our new home! 


He talks to me pointing his finger at me... Gee, wonder where I ever got THAT before... hmm


Here's the view from our front door.  Kitchen is to the right, great room straight ahead, bathroom to the immediate left, and stairwell is on the left, before the great room.  


Potty! 


Our landlord's wife came over to meet us when we got the keys.  She brought me roses!  It's a Germany custom to bring flowers to the hostess when you go to someone's house.  It was so sweet - it was like her way of saying "welcome home!"  I also found it amusing because our landlord reminds me so much of my Grandpa Herb.  And then his wife brought me roses that she grew herself?  haha, God's in the details, you know?  


Here's our kitchen.  Most kitchens in Germany are really small.  We were praying that ours would be a nice size because we love to cook together.  It is really big by German standards!  There is limited cabinet space, however, so we are going to get a corner island to go where I was standing when I took the picture.  (As you can see, we only have one drawer... It makes it easy to find the silverware though!) 


And the dining room portion of the great room.  You can see the kitchen just through the door.  This is our borrowed table and chairs from the military - government issue - NICE, let me tell ya! lol 


And the dining area looking toward the den.  


From the den, looking toward our family room.  (Military issue couch).  Of course, being me, I put up some pictures and candles first thing.  :)  Thanks for the frame Abby darling!!  Makes it feel so homey!


And leaving the family room, looking toward the front door... 


And now we shall travel up the spiral staircase... :) 


I seriously love our bathroom - it is so spacious!  


And our tub and shower!


Jason's really happy he fits in the tub! 


And I'm just happy!!


This is what will be our guest bedroom (as soon as we get some furniture!)  So all those planning a visit - we have room for you!!! 


What will be the office... when we buy office furniture.  Right now it's the bookcase room... lol


My wonderful husband putting away his clothes...  (our room)


Our room from the other angle... 


And our favorite discovery - the laundry chute! 


And downstairs in the basement there are a total of 4 rooms.  A storage room with the water heater, heater, and cleaning supplies.  A huge laundry room - which is nice.  The laundry takes FOREVER to do though - seriously like 2 hours in the washer and 2-3 hours in the dryer.  I love doing laundry, so I'm pretty stoked about that. :(  There are two additional rooms downstairs.  We could easily use them as guest rooms. *wink wink*.  

All in all, we love our new home!  I spent all day yesterday cleaning and getting stuff to feel more "homey".  We had really prayed over a house and God, as always, was faithful.  He really used the house and car issues as a learning experience and to really show us that he is in total control.  Praise God for that!! :)  

I hope you all are well.  Hugs from Germany! 
~ Kate ~   





 


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a twin size bed???? Looks very small.
"Little Red the 2nd" Grandma Bessie had a red Maverick when I was little and that was its name....and I think this one looks like a Little Red too! And, I think it looks very nice.....what do you mean?
And I LOVE the laundry shoot!!! Totally hilarious!
Can't wait to see my bedroom when it's finished! :-)
I love all the pics but I LOVE the pic w/ my girl's beautiful face the MOST! ....ok, Jason looks nice too!
I love you!

Lisa said...

I love all these pics!!! Your house looks huge!!!!! And the laundry shoot...haaaaa....way to utilize the entire house!!!!

When you described your car to me I thought it would be an old broken thing but it's really cute!!! As far as a name...hmmm....how about Großes Rot (that's Big Red in German!!) haaa!!! ok i'll keep thinking!!

Can't wait to see the finishing touches you add!! Love you bunches!!

L

Amy said...

Love the pictures! Yeah - um - are you sharing a twin bed? The house looks sooooo cute!!!! I want to come over and hang out!

Kate Noel said...

It's a double... although tell that to my face after several encounters with Jason's elbow!

The Rogers Family said...

Katie,
I am so happy for you and PROUD of you! You are in my prayers...
Comfort

EmJ said...

Wonderful...love the pictures. Your posts of military life give me good thoughts of years to come.

Oh ya. ps. I've tagged you on my latest entry!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think Toadstool is an appropriate name.