CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dookie assails my senses... Must be spring in Germany...

Indeed, the beginning of spring has been marked  by the unmistakable, undeniable scent of pig poo all around our lovely farm community of Ansbach, Germany.  It's basically terrible.  Jason and I went on a bike ride the other day and as we were enjoying the scenic countryside of Germany we found ourselves nausiated by the smell!  It is so gross.  It's weird, also, because somehow it is like an invisible line of dookie... One minute, it's safe to breathe, then next, you're about to vomit through your nose...  We've decided that the lack of dookie smell was the best part about winter.  

So Jason and I have been married for 1 year (and 4 days).  The first year of marriage was awesome.   Sure, we discovered some things about each other that we didn't fully know before, but all-in-all it's made us love each other more and realize how blessed we are to have each other.  Jason thinks that we should have goals for our second year of marriage; you know, like what we want to have learned by anniversary #2.  I asked him what he suggested and he said that he thought it would be good if -I- learned how to properly split food items.  He maintains that 1/2 and 1/2 is not even... Who knows what he thinks IS even.  *rolls eyes*   But I love him, so I will sacrifice my portion of delectable treats.   *sometimes even without a fight!*  :)  

We had a wonderful weekend though.  We went down to Munich and saw a concert.  Then on Monday we enjoyed the park/hunting grounds of Nymphenburg Palace.  It's a beautiful place and we really enjoyed spending the day together, relaxing.  Then on Tuesday we went for our bikeride (as previously mentioned) and went to visit the castle that is in our village of Lichtenau.  It was fun and, against my better judgement, I am posting a historical video for your reference.... *sighs* 




Here's a picture of the Lichtenau Castle, of which you are now thoroughly informed... 

Just a small portion of the "approachable" castle of Nymphenburg.  View is from the front lawn. 

:)  

Happy us.

That's it for now folks.  Hope everyone is doing well.  :)  
KT

5 comments:

Barackaphobia said...

Fascinating history lesson, Couz and Couz-in-law! Also, congratulations on your 1 year (and 4 days) anniversary!

Looks like you guys are having a great time over there, even if your olfactory receptors are not...

Love you.

Stephanie said...

yes....we enjoyed the history lesson as well....

hey...wait a minute, you weren't just reading history facts out loud to me, were you????? LOL See how much more enjoyable it is to share the facts out loud!!!

I'm a bit confused, however, it said you posted it on April 14th ....which would be 1 year and 2 days, if I'm counting correctly! Ok. little slip of the detail number person in me. ;-)

Love you!!!!

Did I ever tell you about the time, i was driving to Preble County and seriously, when we crossed the county line.....ugh....I don't know if it was pig, cow or what it was but it STUNK! Again, no warning, except the county sign!!! Thankfully, I was in a car and could speedily get away while quickly rolling up my windows.

Stephanie said...

I just noticed....those are pretty cool water bottles you've got there....especially your husbands. Where'd he get it!!!
:-)
Did you put your names on them in case they get lost?

EmJ said...

Hey...I went to email you, and I don't have you email address. Write me at natumsangel@yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to checking out your blog...yes, I know, it's been a month and a half since you posted it! I really enjoyed the video and am glad you shared the history lesson! Please post more videos!!! Love ya lots!

Aunt Gwen